Harvest Hill Beverage Company
Reports to: SVP Manufacturing
- 4-year college degree with a major in Engineering or other operationally focused discipline
- At least 10 years of previous work experience manufacturing and/or copack management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Results focused
- Working knowledge of a productivity program (Lean, TPM, High Performance Work System (HPWS))
- Food manufacturing, Knowledge of FDA regulations, and GMP manufacturing requirements
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated ability in budget and capital management
Certifications: None required.
Travel: up to 10%
Organizational Structure – All plant functions for the site report to this role.
Location: South Brunswick, NJ SunnyD Facility
Business: Harvest Hill Beverage Company (“HHBC”) markets, produces and sells beverages under the SunnyD, Juicy Juice, Little Hug, Veryfine, Fruit2O, Nutrament and Daily’s brand names in North America. The beverages are sold through grocery, mass, club, dollar, convenience and other similar retail outlets. SunnyD is located primarily in the chilled dairy section of retail outlets while Juicy Juice and Hug are located in the ambient juice section. Revenue of HHBC is approximately $800 million. The companies generate solid cash flow, which is used to pay down debt, invest in innovative products and return cash to owners. Brynwood Partners, the private equity owner, expects to stabilize revenue while reducing costs. Once the goals are accomplished, the owners will attempt to the sell the company as platform for future growth to a domestic or international strategic investor, another private equity investor or to the public.
- Set direction for and lead the plant to deliver the goals and objectives set forth by the Company.
- Accountable for all results at the site including but not limited to manufacturing efficiency, inventory levels, warehousing, production planning, cut cases, safety and quality.
- Develop and improve the organizational capability across the manufacturing operation via use of the High Performance Work System (HPWS), Lean and Workplace Excellence systems.
- Maintain and improve the site's organizational health
- Develop individual leaders in the site
- Manage day-to-day direct reports
- Develop strategies and implementation plans to improve and standardize performance aspects of operations
- Analyze performance data (e.g. consumer complaint, order fulfillment, budget variances, schedule attainment) in order to identify, prioritize and address plan variances for the site.
- Ad hoc projects as directed by the SVP Manufacturing.